=

5 June 2015

LA SARDINA - analog photos and their beauty

hello everyone!
i lost my phone like 3 months ago and since then i'm surviving outside of home just by being myself and being with people but that's kind of a different story. anyway, as long as I don't have it i don't have a camera to take pictures which seriously makes me sad sometimes. i love capturing things, moments or any other events that are important for my life and me. and there's not a better way than taking pictures. well i'm slowly getting to the point. i was going to England in May and i really wanted to have the trip documented. So i took my analog LA SARDINA cam i got for christmas like a year ago and discovered its awesomeness. here are some discoveries.

the thing about analog cameras is that you only see a approximate image of what will the photo look like. When pressing the shutter you can only imagine the final appearance of the photo while the result can be much different, isn't that cool? well, it is. but what's better is the moment when you're waiting in the photo lab or however you call it in English and you're like waiting for your photos to get printed. And you get them and you're like "hey, this one came out so well!" and you know. these things. anyway the other thing that comes with lomography is thinking. you actually have to think about the shot you're about to take. You spend so much time just looking through the viewfinder ruminating if that shot is worth it. It's not like pressing the iPhone shutter million times just because. It's like actually feeling the shot you're taking and considering its importance. Long story short lomography is good, you have there a very nice filter and the shots you take are always nice but comparing it to digital photos it's much more expensive because you have to pay for the film, its causing and for printing the photos. it's worth it though.

MOO /my own opinion/
i find analog cameras very cute. they're like so old school but those la sardine ones are actually pretty modern. you can get them on the internet when searching for 'LA SADRINA cam' or in your photo store. by the way, by using LA SARDINA or any other analog camera you can be a part of the tomography family where you can share your pictures and criticize the others.
happy lomographing! http://www.lomography.com

Tips for using LA SARDINA cam:
1) ALWAYS make sure you took off the cover. i often look through the viewfinder, like what i see and take the shot. i'm soo disappointed whenever i don't see the shot on the film later.
2) when going to the lab tell them you only want the good ones so you don't have to pay for useless black shots made by the situation i mentioned above
3) before taking the shot make sure the light is not too bright or too dark
4) take the camera everywhere you go with you so you'll be ready to capture everything you like





thanks for reading this until the end. please write me in the comments your analog experiences. thank you. Greta.

2 comments:

  1. Love Your blog! you are my inspiration!!! btw: you know me!!§ hahah, I'm looking forward that few years later, I've been looking at this blog, And you will be very famous on instagram, youtube etc., and I will be like, hey! people look at these first articles! Look at these first photos!!!
    Ps: I know my english it's not really good, who cares, loliček, gud baj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay :) thanks so much for the comment. you made my day. i'd love to know who you are though.
      Greta.

      Delete

please let me know what you think.

SEE ALSO: